Sunday, 24 November 2013

Minutes 26/11/13 - 28/11/13

Following our meeting last week on Tuesday 26th, we met again on Thursday 28th to discuss advice provided by Alison regarding our group's query over the usefulness of a potential research method. With the go-ahead from Alison, we began drafting potential questions for our questionnaire.
We were aware that the use of a questionnaire will not provide an insight into which media domain is 'more effective', however our questions are designed to highlight the viewer's general thoughts regarding three main components of advertisements that we believe are important - memorability, effectiveness and likability. Therefore, as a group we decided that it would beneficial to design two questionnaires, one for the viewers of the television adverts and one for the listeners of the radio adverts, in order to reduce familiarity with the texts. Both questionnaires will still maintain a similar level of focus, comprising of 3 questions, each one focusing on one of the three components.
By the end of the meeting, we had successfully drafted our three questions, which I (Emily G) then tweaked and made presentable, ready for our pilot study on a group of independent participants.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not absolutely sure I understand what you're planning, but I think I do! Let me know if I can help further and of course we can meet up, as you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we will post the questionnaire on here after our next meeting so hopefully our plans will become slightly clearer

    ReplyDelete